Lighthouse teacher training is an all-encompassing study of the yoga practice and principles based in the Raja Yoga (Royal Path) tradition of Patanjali, with an emphasis on the fact of your spiritual nature and the enlightenment existent already within you. Through the study and practice of the yogic texts and physical and meditative methods, you will develop your identity as a lifelong student and your voice as a teacher.
Why take this training?
You love yoga and want to explore the postures, philosophy, and energetics in greater detail with like-minded individuals. You also hear the call to bring forth more healing and mindfulness into an increasingly turbulent and unpredictable world.
Who is this program for?
Lighthouse teacher training is designed for individuals interested in developing tools for living a more balanced and peaceful life. It is for those who recognize there is much more to discover beyond the practice on the mat and are eager to learn and apply this knowledge by sharing it with others.
In this 200-hr, Yoga Alliance-accredited program, you will learn:
- Physical and subtle anatomy
- Tools and skills for navigating source texts, i.e. Yoga Sutra, Bhagavad Gita, etc.
- Benefits and application of yoga for health and wellbeing
- Sanskrit names of poses and practices
- Ethical principles of conduct
- Clear communication techniques
- Understanding group dynamics
- Creating and maintaining sacred space
- Extensive application of teaching skills
- Attendance at all weekend sessions required
(two make-up weekends will be determined by the group)
- 30 studio classes with lead instructors
- 10 observation classes with any studio instructor
- Asana choreography presentation
- Video class analysis
- Final exam
- Final paper/project
Cost & Payment Options:
- $3200 by 1.15
- $3525 by 4.15 (three payments of $1175)
- $500 deposit (non-refundable after 1.15)
Space is limited to 15 participants.
Dates & Times
Open House Dates
Sunday, 12.11, 1:00–2:00pm
Sunday, 1.8, 1:00–2:00pm
Teacher Training Weekend Dates
Saturdays 4:00–8:00pm and Sundays 1:00–4:45pm
Participants are allowed to miss one weekend. Attendance at first two and final weekends is mandatory.
Please fill out this form to apply to Lighthouse teacher training. $500 deposit (non-refundable after 1.15) required with application.